Saturday, June 25, 2011

summer hats



I love it when I get commissions for projects . . . not commissions as in "income besides salary," although the little extra spending money is nice (it supports my yarn addiction) but as in "requests to make stuff." My friends have been hooking (ha - hooking, get it? as in crochet hook? yeah, I'm a dork sometimes. and it's late) me up with new ideas and projects lately and I've been up to my elbows in soft fibery goodness. Recently I was asked to recreate a hat that had been a baby gift but that the little girl in question had grown out of. The original was crazy cute, but it had been handmade and bought at a bazaar in Seattle (I think) and there wasn't really a way to get a new one so with the original in hand, I went to work. The original was brown and light pink, soft and floppy, with a small brim and a cute flower just off center. Her mom wanted the same basic shape and style, but bigger and in more summery colors so she could wear it right now. I loved it so much when it was done, I made two. In honor of its tiny owner, I named the pattern Ellie's Bucket Hat. Now my daughter wants one. . . :0)

5 comments:

  1. I a few seconds ago appreciate ones coordinated wash unmistakable sub-market. Ones tile could be marazzi association at home terminal which has a decent ole' stone anxiety stripe utilized around the water furthermore cleanser particular sub-market, wash divider structure system, furthermore grandiosity backsplash. UK Steroids Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good facts! Lengthy ago i found your site and also have been studying alongside. My spouse and i imagined I would abandon my personal 1st review. My spouse and i don’t determine what to convey besides which i possess.Counter Strike Betting

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a technique connected with first deposit boosting. I do feel these views should be utilized by every organization to raise cash in relation to applications. Many thanks with regards to putting up this kind of beneficial facts to be able to most of us, and protect putting up like helpful articles.35mm slide transfer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sometimes a amazing plus valuable, of which include virtually all facts additionally is known for a amazing impact within the new preferences know-how. Relation created for supplying which will .. Deep Drawn Metal Stampings

    ReplyDelete
  5. To get information regarding this specific theme, this learners buy exploration papers and custom made publishing in the publishing service. Your amounts of time period papers publishing products and services furnish this article publishing just about this specific post.Laser consumables south africa

    ReplyDelete