Monday, March 21, 2011

recent craftiness

My husband's coworker is expecting a baby any day now so I made this little ribbon blanket and stuffed cow for her. And by her I mean the mom . . . they are waiting until the arrival to see what the sex of the baby is so I went with something that could go either way.
The cow is crocheted amigurumi -- my very first self-designed pattern! I couldn't find a pattern I liked online, which is where I usually go first, so I decided to prove that necessity is indeed the mother of invention. It turned out really cute, I think!

Sorry about the "dead cow" pose in the next photo . . . I wanted to show the little bell collar but it came out a little more morbid than I meant it to.

I think I'll write up what I did into a pattern form . . . just in case someone else needs to make a cow!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute cow! You are right, I don't think I have seen any similar ones online. Great job designing your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. online dispensary canada

    ReplyDelete